Friday, April 25, 2014

Abita Root Beer

A big shout out to Troy down at Bottlecaps in Watertown, N.Y. for helping me get this one.   Last fall, I was hunting for root beer in Watertown and came across Bottlecaps (a beverage shop that specializes in beer mostly).  When I dropped in, Troy mentioned to me that he may be able to get a few brews in for me at some point. Awesome!   I got an email from him recently and he told me he had Abita in for me.  Great outfit -- great management and awesome service.  

This root beer hails from Louisiana hence the cool fleur de lys on the label.  It is an average root beer in taste though. 
Update: Feb. 25, 2015 - I tried another bottle today and I think I was a bit rough on the initial rating. This brew is pretty good.


Burp Rating:  7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment