Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Fest Pecan Root Beer

Fest Pecan Root Beer (a.k.a. Papa Joe)is yet another brew that I received in trade with my root beer buddy in Ohio, Brad.  This brew is brought to you by the fine folks at Fest Cola in New Orleans, LA. 

This is another brew that has an interesting color.  Pecan root beer? Very unique.  Although, it draws almost no head to it that I noticed.  The flavor is very distinctive -- the website indicates  praline and pecans notes to the profile. I originally thought they may have used molasses as a sweetener; however, it is sweetened with Louisiana cane sugar.  I'm sorry Papa Joe, I really wanted to like you but it just wasn't for me.  I'm sure others with a different palate will think differently, I am sure.

Burp Rating: 5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment