Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sea Dog Root Beer

I was actually looking for this brew while on a trip out to Bar Harbor a few years ago, but I didn't end up finding it.   Thanks to Brad for sending me a bottle.  Sea Dog is brought to you by the Sea Dog Brewing Company with locations around Maine and Florida.

The head on this brew is quite nice.  It doesn't last long, but it was nice to see when I poured it in my favorite mug.  It's sweetened with cane sugar and the flavor is developed with wintergreen oil, anise, vanilla, other spices and herbs. It had a nice kick to it.  I really enjoyed the balance of the spices and the sweetness but it didn't take me to heaven.  Sea Dog - you are very close to getting a 10 from me.  I love the label. RIP Barney. :(

Burp Rating: 9.5  / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment