Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sparky's Fresh Draft Root Beer

Sparky's Fresh Draft Root Beer is yet another brew that I received in trade with my root beer buddy in Ohio, Brad.   Sparky's is brought to you by Knox Brewing in Pacific Grove, CA. 

I was really excited to try this one since my root beer friends, Brad and Anthony have rated this one quite high.  The head from my bottle was pretty non-existent.  It had very little carbonation and was quite flat.  The flavor of root beer was definitely there but the bite was very weak.  Knox doesn't reveal it's secret spices.   I think there was a problem with my bottle as I just couldn't imagine why my friends rated it so high.  I can sense via the taste that it could be great though.  I think I need to try another bottle.

Burp Rating:  9 / 10  (was 5 / 10)

Update:  I got a new bottle from Soda Pop Central in Whitby, ON.  (Thanks to my friend DM for picking it up for me.)   This bottle was much better!  The root beer was not flat and I could appreciate the flavor more with the better carbonation.  I'm bumping this one up to a 9 / 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment