Saturday, May 16, 2015

Waialua Root Beer

My friend and colleague, DM, helped get Waialua Root Beer to me.  I ordered this one from the helpful and friendly folks at Soda Pop Central in Whitby, ON.  Waialua Root Beer is brought to you by the folks over at Waialua Soda Works in Waialua, HI.

The head on this root beer disappears pretty much as soon as you finish pouring it.  It is sweetened with a blend of cane sugar and Maui natural white cane sugar.  The flavor profile is built with natural flavor and Hawaiian vanilla extract.  I thought perhaps the vanilla was a bit overpowering the other flavors in this root beer.  It is indeed sweet and I was actually wondering at times if I was drinking a root beer.  Not overly fond of this one but it isn't terrible.

Burp Rating: 6 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment